CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Wearing a Stranger's Shoes...





Today was one of those days. The kind where no matter which side of the bed you wake up on, its the wrong one. My day started off with trying to get a whole room full of laundry done....a daunting task in my opinion...but it had to get done. I got extremely irritated because I left my phone charger at school Friday and my phone is dead. I can't get a hold of Matt to find out where he is because usually after the Men's Prayer breakfast he comes right home..which is usually about 10:00.  It was now 1:00, I had no idea what was going on and I had to leave to get my oil changed. I get to the dealership and while the guy is getting the paperwork for me to sign asks me if he made a good decision on a trade. I thought to myself...you are the car guy..you tell me. (too much sarcasm sometimes come to my detriment) I smiled and played along and agreed that he made a good decision. Then I get directed to the waiting room. I get annoyed because the only thing to read is a bunch of deer hunting magazines and Oprah...both which are no interest to me. I waited impatiently as it took an hour and a half to get my car back. I finally get it back and then look over it to see if I can find any imperfections after they cleaned my car...and think to myself how bad the cleaning stuff stinks. Then I grumbled to myself when I got in and my knees are hugging the dash. I turn on my radio and go on my way. I get stopped by a red light... and roll my eyes...go figure. I don't normally look at the cars to my left or right because frankly i think it's kind of creepy, but today I look to my left. I see this sweet little lady. She has her make up done beautifully, nails done to perfection, and a smile across her face...i look up to see the few sprigs of hair she has left on her head. So many emotions flooded through me for so many different reasons. I wonder what she is thinking. What she has been through. What she is going to go through. How her family feels. How she feels. I wonder what her story is. I wonder what is behind that smile. I cried for that woman today. And felt stupid...for good reason.  I don't know what that woman's story is or what she was going through but God really opened my eyes today and broke my heart. I needed that. Thank you God for showing me that my problems are far less than others....and often petty. What a lesson I learned today! If nothing else...I wanted to share this so remind all of you to count your blessings and check your attitude. We all have "those" days...but really...you choose how you are going to react to situations...choose to find good in everything and everyone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment