CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 5, 2011

My Snuggie and Me

So... exciting things are happening this winter!!!  Not. You would laugh if you saw people freak out about the possibility of snow and ice. Sure..it's cold...but our meteorologists tend to get things wrong...quite often. Here is how my weekend started...Thursday afternoon we were let go from school early because of the chance of ice coming in that night and they had already called school for Friday...hey, don't get me wrong, I am all about safety so I was happy to get to leave early...it's what happened next that made me go...hmm...they just don't get it. I went ahead and went to the grocery store...who already had about 10 tons of sand all throughout their parking lot. Which some of you might be thinking, "ok..they are trying to be prepared." Well people...it doesn't ever snow here...and the one time it did...it melted by 8:00am...that was 2 years ago. I digress, let's move on. Ok...so that made me chuckle seeing all that sand but it's when I stepped into the grocery that you think the next Apocalypse was going to happen...it was ridiculous! So 2 hours later I made it home and decided to slave over dinner...yes...I made dinner.  I even went fancy! Here it is folks:

Chicken Florentine & Farfalle
 Thanks to Bertolli! Ha! You didn't think that I could actually pull that from scratch did you? Only in my dreams! That yummy piece of goodness only took 10 minutes! Point for me!

We stayed in the rest of the night and enjoyed our Thursday night shows which include Bones, Grey's, and Private Practice. We watched this new show though called Sons of Guns or something like that...I recommend for all...it was pretty awesome! This dude redid a World War 2 Flamethrower for like one of the only 2 Medal of Honor recipients still on this earth! It was awesome! Anyway...it was a wonderful night of staying in and keeping warm...I even pulled out my snuggie! Just couldn't wait to see the "snow and ice" when we woke up! (ha!)

Waking up at 7:00am, I looked out my window...guess what I saw?? NOTHING! haha! No ice, no snow, nothing people! That is why Southeast Texas cracks me up...oh and the best part...it's supposed to be 60 degrees Sunday! Sickness FTW! Onto more serious things...we had a great day Friday! We ate with two dear friends, Bill and Jackie, at one of our favorite places, Doug Nelson's. Then we did a little shopping! I got 2 pairs of shoes for $50 at Dillards! 

For Work:
For Play:


And then we ended up over at Bill and Jackie's for the rest of the night. And this is what we got in to:

 Yes, that is me...holding a gun. 

We got home about Midnight and realized that the house was freezing...and thus starts the weekend of my snuggie and me... 




0 comments:

Post a Comment