CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 5, 2011

It's a Busy Life...Don't Waste it Complaining...


I absolutely loved Harding! I still do. I had so many wonderful experiences there and I made the most amazing friends...Friends that I will have for the rest of my life. I chose to go to this school because of it's Christian environment and because of the rules and regulations. Sure, some of them were a little ridiculous sometimes...but really...everyone had to follow them so it wasn't that big of a deal. We laughed and made fun of them together but in the end it didn't make or break our experience. So when I see on the news people trying to make Harding out to be a bad place full of judgmental people it irritates me. You know what the rules and regulations are before you go, so why do you look for things to expose it in a bad way? I just don't understand that. Go somewhere else if you want to practice homosexuality in a public way...if you want to drink alcohol without repercussion...if you want to stay out all night long with a person of the opposite sex. Don't go to a Christian school if you choose to do things that you know are against the rules and regulations of said place. I am in no way being judgmental of anyone who makes any of the above choices...I am just saying don't go to a place that doesn't condone those actions. It's easier for everyone. I guess what irritates me the most is that this situation is the very reason people get turned away from the church. It's sad that people would rather rant and rave about what they can't do at Harding rather than the awesome things the school has to offer. Because in the end it doesn't make people hate Harding, it makes people hate Christians. The school is not being judgmental towards individuals who decide to live a lifestyle of their choosing, they are just standing strong for the policies they have had stated for years. It's not a secret that the policies are not for premarital sex, homosexuality, or drinking. What's sad is the people out in the world that know Harding as a Christian school have their fuel fired with this kind of propaganda and thus starts more hypocritical rantings against the church. Is that what we are striving for? Are we trying to turn people away from the church? If that is your agenda, that is really sad. If you want acceptance, you are going about it the wrong way. Don't assume that because an institution does not want you to disregard it's policies that everyone there doesn't want you to know that you are not alone nor do they want you to feel like an outsider. We are all Christians trying to get to the same place. It's time to start setting our hearts on things above and not on earthly things. I am talking to myself as much as the next person. I am a work in progress. I am not perfect, nor do I claim to be. I just wish that we could all learn to love one another and live a life that would please God and not ourselves. There are many people in my life that I love in spite of the things that they choose to do on a daily basis. I love that there are people in my life that love me in spite of myself too. That's what the body of Christ is about and that is why I am so excited to be a part of it. I have a family that loves me no matter what. I hope that those of you who are looking for that find it. It's an amazing thing to be a part of. Sure, you are going to find people in every place that are going to be hypocritical, but among those few, are many who are waiting to embrace you and love you.



0 comments:

Post a Comment