CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 27, 2011

Family, Farming, and A Kentucky Wedding...

This weekend was wonderful! We left Thursday night for Memaw's and arrived about midnight. We were tired so we headed straight for bed. And this...is what we woke up to:

Gotta love The Eastridge Farm!
After a big breakfast we got out with Memaw and Papa to help with two Mares that just had babies. 
Papa needed to give a shot to the horse because she hadn't released all of the afterbirth. So I stayed in the truck and took pictures while everyone else (who knew what they were doing) had their hand in helping:
We had two babies...and they sure are pretty! One was gray and they other black:
Unfortunately we lost this one late Friday night due to it not feeding. Bless its heart. 

On a lighter note...that afternoon Matt took me on the four wheeler and this is our experience:
Our view was spectacular!

It was such a pretty day! And let me tell you how wonderful my husband is! I didn't get a picture of it, but he knows that there are 27 things I want to do while I am 27. He helped start one of the things to check off my list! He took me out in the field with the farm truck and taught me how to drive a standard! He was extremely patient with me! I did ok...but far from being able to get on the road and feel confident! But how wonderful is that! It's a start all thanks to Matt! 

Then Megan and Justin came in and we got to spend time with them and our 2 sweet nieces and nephew. Then we went to the rehearsal Friday night and came home and went to bed! 

Then the Wedding Festivities began!

This is the Church (I got this picture off the internet so I am not sure who the man is):

Matt did such a wonderful job! He has a gift for speaking and he always speaks from his heart. I could listen to him all day!  I forgot my camera so had to use his phone so I didn't get as many pictures as I wanted but here is what I did get:

This is Uncle Dwayne and Matt before the wedding!
This is me and MeMe. 

And folks...that's it...disappointing, I know! I was disappointed that I didn't have the chance to get more pictures than I did at the wedding but it was a beautiful wedding. Maybe I can get more pics from others and share later!

Later Saturday night Matt and I decided since it was such a wonderful night that we would go sit on the front porch swing...that ended really quick when we were met with this:
Yes...it's cute...but it sure does stink. I was outta there in 2 seconds flat! 
Oh well...it was a good thought!

So we ended up going back inside and going to bed so we could get up and around for church in the morning. We woke up and had a good breakfast and went to Church with Memaw, Paula, Bethany, and Sarah. We said our goodbyes and then headed to Campbellsville to have Lunch with Meme. It's always hard to say goodbye to family but are grateful that we live a lot closer than we did and count that as a blessing! Here is Uncle Matt and our 2 nieces and nephew:
Uncle Matt and Addie Mae

 This is Jade or Jammers as I like to call her!

This is Uncle Matt and Graden. 

We had such a wonderful weekend with our family! We are so blessed to be a part of the family that we had. About the only way this weekend could have been any better is if we could have had Maurice and Donna there! They made it home safely from the Netherlands! Praise God for that! Looking forward to the next visit....

Love You Mean It...

0 comments:

Post a Comment