CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pocket of Memories




 It has taken me a while to post a blog because I have been at a loss for words for a while now. I lost my grandfather this week and it caught me off guard. I realized that I am certainly not ready for this stage in life. I have always considered myself lucky to have all my grandparents...but now I realize that this is it...these are the times where life is most precious. These are the times where I need to get in all my time...and I missed my time with him. It's so disheartening to know that it has been 6 years since I have seen my Tennessee family. It's not because I haven't wanted to but life has been so absolutely crazy for me with getting married, finishing school, having to work to stay afloat, moving to Texas, becoming a teacher, using vacation time to get to Ohio for Matt's family and Arkansas to see mine, and now moving back to Arkansas. And now...I could not make it to the funeral because I have to work and get things ready for our move because we still have a house to sell and the craziness of life goes on....

Life Lesson Learned: Don't let the craziness of life keep you from the ones you love.

My Papa was a great man and I am going to miss him so much. He taught me how to swim. He literally threw me in their pool when I was a baby and said that was the only way to teach a child how to swim! He was so full of life and laughter. One of my favorite things about him was waking up to hug in the morning and hearing, "Good Morning Baby." I am so incredibly sad that I won't hear that again...and to nobody's fault but mine. I let life get too busy.  Time is so incredibly precious and I thought I had more time. My dad and I used to make a trip every year...one of my favorite past times...something that we are going to have to start doing together again. A part of my heart is in Tennessee and I wish I could be there with my family celebrating the wonderful life that my Papa had. He will forever be missed and loved...but I know I will see him again and that is the most comforting feeling in all of this. Thank you God for the Christian family that I am a part of...and the hope it brings for the ones we have lost along the way...

Love you Mean It,

0 comments:

Post a Comment